Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: OBSCURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OBSCURE exist?
Definitions of OBSCURE in dictionaries:
- verb - make less visible or unclear
- verb - make unclear, indistinct, or blurred
- verb - make obscure or unclear
- verb - reduce a vowel to a neutral one, such as a schwa
- verb - make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
- adj - not clearly understood or expressed
- adj - marked by difficulty of style or expression
- adj - difficult to find
- adj - not famous or acclaimed
- adj - not drawing attention
- adj - remote and separate physically or socially
- Deficient in light; dark.
- So faintly perceptible as to lack clear delineation; indistinct.
- Indistinctly heard; faint.
- Far from centers of human population: an obscure village.
- Out of sight; hidden: an obscure retreat.
- Not readily noticed or seen; inconspicuous: an obscure flaw.
- Of undistinguished or humble station or reputation: an obscure poet; an obscure family.
- Not clearly understood or expressed; ambiguous or vague: “an impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit” (Anatole Broyard).
- To conceal in obscurity; hide: “Unlike the origins of most nations, America’s origins are not obscured in the mists of time” (National Review).
- To reduce (a vowel) to the neutral sound represented by schwa (N).
- adj - dark or indistinct
There are 7 letters in OBSCURE: B C E O R S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OBSCURE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word OBSCURE plus a wildcard: OBSCURE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OBSCURE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for OBSCURE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.