Scrabble word: CURB
In which Scrabble dictionary does CURB exist?
Definitions of CURB in dictionaries:
- noun - an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
- noun - a horse's bit with an attached chain or strap to check the horse
- noun - a stock exchange in New York
- noun - the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - to put down by force or authority
- verb - keep to the curb
- verb - place restrictions on
- A concrete border or row of joined stones forming part of a gutter along the edge of a street.
- An enclosing framework, such as that around a skylight.
- A raised margin along an edge used to confine or strengthen.
- Something that checks or restrains: High interest rates put a curb on spending.
- A chain or strap that passes under a horse’s lower jaw and serves in conjunction with the bit to restrain the horse.
- To check, restrain, or control as if with a curb; rein in.
- To lead (a dog) off the sidewalk into the gutter so that it can excrete waste matter.
- To furnish with a curb.
- verb - to hold back from action