Scrabble word: SOUR
Is SOUR valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of SOUR in dictionaries:
- noun - a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
- noun - the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
- noun - the property of being acidic
- verb - go sour or spoil
- verb - make sour or more sour
- adj - smelling of fermentation or staleness
- adj - having a sharp biting taste
- adj - one of the four basic taste sensations
- adj - in an unpalatable state
- adj - inaccurate in pitch
- adj - showing a brooding ill humor
- Having a taste characteristic of that produced by acids; sharp, tart, or tangy.
- Made acid or rancid by fermentation.
- Having the characteristics of fermentation or rancidity; tasting or smelling of decay.
- Bad-tempered and morose; peevish: a sour temper.
- Displeased with something one formerly admired or liked; disenchanted: sour on ballet.
- Not measuring up to the expected or usual ability or quality; bad.
- Of or relating to excessively acid soil that is damaging to crops.
- Containing excessive sulfur compounds.
- The sensation of sour taste, one of the four primary tastes.
- Something sour.
- A mixed drink made especially with whiskey, lemon or lime juice, sugar, and sometimes soda water.
- To make or become sour.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “having a taste like that produced by an acid”: sour cider; acid, unripe grapes; an acidulous tomato; dry white wine; tart cherries.
- adj - sharp or biting to the taste
- verb - to make or become sour
There are 4 letters in SOUR: O R S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SOUR
Click to search all anagrams of SOUR plus a wildcard: SOUR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SOUR
Images for SOUR
Lookup in Wiki for SOUR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.