Scrabble word: SOUR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOUR exist?
Definitions of SOUR in dictionaries:
- noun - a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
- noun - the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
- noun - the property of being acidic
- verb - go sour or spoil
- verb - make sour or more sour
- adj - smelling of fermentation or staleness
- adj - having a sharp biting taste
- adj - one of the four basic taste sensations
- adj - in an unpalatable state
- adj - inaccurate in pitch
- adj - showing a brooding ill humor
- Having a taste characteristic of that produced by acids; sharp, tart, or tangy.
- Made acid or rancid by fermentation.
- Having the characteristics of fermentation or rancidity; tasting or smelling of decay.
- Bad-tempered and morose; peevish: a sour temper.
- Displeased with something one formerly admired or liked; disenchanted: sour on ballet.
- Not measuring up to the expected or usual ability or quality; bad.
- Of or relating to excessively acid soil that is damaging to crops.
- Containing excessive sulfur compounds.
- The sensation of sour taste, one of the four primary tastes.
- Something sour.
- A mixed drink made especially with whiskey, lemon or lime juice, sugar, and sometimes soda water.
- To make or become sour.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “having a taste like that produced by an acid”: sour cider; acid, unripe grapes; an acidulous tomato; dry white wine; tart cherries.
- adj - sharp or biting to the taste
- verb - to make or become sour