Scrabble word: ACUTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ACUTE exist?
Definitions of ACUTE in dictionaries:
- noun - a mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- adj - having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course
- adj - extremely sharp or intense
- adj - having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
- adj - of an angle
- adj - ending in a sharp point
- adj - of critical importance and consequence
- Having a sharp point or tip.
- Keenly perceptive or discerning; penetrating: “a raw, chilling and psychologically acute novel of human passions reduced to their deadliest essence” (Literary Guild Magazine).
- Reacting readily to impressions; sensitive: acute observers of the human comedy.
- Of great importance or consequence; crucial: an acute lack of research funds.
- Extremely sharp or severe; intense: acute pain; acute relief.
- Having a rapid onset and following a short but severe course: acute disease.
- Afflicted by a disease exhibiting a rapid onset followed by a short, severe course: acute patients.
- High in pitch; shrill.
- adv - marked by sharpness or severity [adj ACUTER, ACUTEST] : ACUTELY
- noun - a type of accent mark