Scrabble word: PARTITION
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARTITION exist?
Definitions of PARTITION in dictionaries:
- noun - a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
- noun - (computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit
- noun - (anatomy) a structure that separates areas in an organism
- noun - the act of dividing or partitioning
- verb - divide into parts, pieces, or sections
- verb - separate or apportion into sections
- The act or process of dividing something into parts.
- The state of being so divided.
- Something that divides or separates, as a wall dividing one room or cubicle from another.
- A wall, septum, or other separating membrane in an organism.
- A part or section into which something has been divided.
- Division of a country into separate, autonomous nations.
- An expression of a positive integer as a sum of positive integers.
- The decomposition of a set into a family of mutually exclusive sets.
- A location in memory assigned to a program.
- To divide into parts, pieces, or sections.
- To divide or separate by means of a partition: We partitioned off the alcove to make another bedroom.
- To divide (a country) into separate, autonomous nations.