Scrabble word: PAIR
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAIR exist?
Definitions of PAIR in dictionaries:
- noun - a set of two similar things considered as a unit
- noun - two items of the same kind
- noun - two people considered as a unit
- noun - a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
- verb - form a pair or pairs
- verb - bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- verb - occur in pairs
- verb - arrange in pairs
- verb - engage in sexual intercourse
- Two corresponding persons or items, similar in form or function and matched or associated: a pair of shoes.
- One object composed of two joined, similar parts that are dependent upon each other: a pair of pliers.
- Two persons who are joined in marriage or engagement.
- Two persons who have something in common and are considered together: a pair of hunters.
- Two mated animals.
- Two animals joined together in work.
- Two playing cards of the same denomination.
- Two members of a deliberative body with opposing opinions on a given issue who agree to abstain from voting on the issue, thereby offsetting each other.
- An electron pair.
- To arrange in sets of two; couple.
- To join in a pair; mate.
- To provide a partner for.
- To form pairs or a pair.
- A plural verb is used when the members are considered as individuals: The pair are working more harmoniously now.
- verb - to arrange in sets of two