Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: AIR
In which Scrabble dictionary does AIR exist?
Definitions of AIR in dictionaries:
- noun - a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing
- noun - the region above the ground
- noun - a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
- noun - a slight wind (usually refreshing)
- noun - the mass of air surrounding the Earth
- noun - once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- noun - a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence
- noun - medium for radio and television broadcasting
- noun - travel via aircraft
- verb - expose to fresh air
- verb - be broadcast
- verb - broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
- verb - make public
- verb - expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry
- verb - expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
- A colorless, odorless, tasteless, gaseous mixture, mainly nitrogen (approximately 78 percent) and oxygen (approximately 21 percent) with lesser amounts of argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, neon, helium, and other gases.
- This mixture with varying amounts of moisture and particulate matter, enveloping Earth; the atmosphere.
- The atmosphere in an enclosure.
- The sky; the firmament.
- A giant void; nothingness: The money vanished into thin air.
- An atmospheric movement; a breeze or wind.
- Aircraft: send troops to Europe by air.
- Public utterance; vent: gave air to their grievances.
- The electronic broadcast media: “often ridiculed... extremist groups on air” (Christian Science Monitor).
- A peculiar or characteristic impression; an aura.
- Personal bearing, appearance, or manner; mien.
- The soprano or treble part in a harmonized composition.
- A solo with or without accompaniment.
- Air conditioning.
- Often used to modify another noun: air movements; air safety.
- To expose so that air can dry, cool, or freshen; ventilate.
- To be broadcast on television or radio: “tidbits that will air on tonight’s 6 o’clock news” (Terry Ann Knopf).
- adv - near the beginning of a period of time or a series of events
- verb - to expose to the air (the mixture of gases that surrounds the earth)
There are 3 letters in AIR: A I R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to AIR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word AIR plus a wildcard: AIR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word AIR
Images for AIR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.