Scrabble word: RIP
In which Scrabble dictionary does RIP exist?
Definitions of RIP in dictionaries:
- noun - a dissolute man in fashionable society
- noun - an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- noun - a stretch of turbulent water in a river or the sea caused by one current flowing into or across another current
- noun - the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
- verb - tear or be torn violently
- verb - move precipitously or violently
- verb - cut (wood) along the grain
- verb - criticize or abuse strongly and violently
- To cut, tear apart, or tear away roughly or energetically.
- To split or saw (wood) along the grain.
- To produce, display, or utter suddenly: ripped out a vicious oath.
- To become torn or split apart.
- To move quickly or violently.
- The act of ripping.
- A torn or split place, especially along a seam.
- A ripsaw.
- To steal from: “I’ve ripped him off as much as I could possibly rip him off” (Gary Fisketjon).
- To steal: She ripped off a leather jacket while ostensibly trying on clothes.
- To exploit, swindle, cheat, or defraud: a false advertising campaign that ripped off a great many consumers.
- A stretch of water in a river, an estuary, or a tidal channel made rough by waves meeting an opposing current.
- A rip current.
- A dissolute person.
- An old or worthless horse.
- verb - to tear or cut apart roughly