Scrabble word: GRIP
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRIP exist?
Definitions of GRIP in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of grasping
- noun - the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
- noun - a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes
- noun - the friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road)
- noun - worker who moves the camera around while a film or television show is being made
- noun - an intellectual hold or understanding
- noun - a flat wire hairpin whose prongs press tightly together
- verb - hold fast or firmly
- verb - to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match
- verb - to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe
- A tight hold; a firm grasp: a drowning swimmer now safely in the grip of a lifeguard.
- The pressure or strength of such a grasp: a wrestler with an unmatched grip.
- A manner of grasping and holding: The crate afforded no comfortable grip.
- Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
- Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
- A mechanical device that grasps and holds.
- A part, such as a handle, that is designed to be grasped and held.
- A suitcase or valise.
- A stagehand who helps in shifting scenery.
- A member of a film production crew who adjusts sets and props and sometimes assists the camera operator.
- To secure and maintain a tight hold on; seize firmly.
- To maintain a secure grasp.
- verb - to seize firmly with the hand