Scrabble word: PATRON
In which Scrabble dictionary does PATRON exist?
Definitions of PATRON in dictionaries:
- noun - a regular customer
- noun - the proprietor of an inn
- noun - someone who supports or champions something
- One that supports, protects, or champions someone or something, such as an institutuion, an event, or a cause; a sponsor or benefactor: a patron of the arts.
- A customer, especially a regular customer.
- A noble or wealthy person in ancient Rome who granted favor and protection to someone in exchange for certain services.
- A slave owner in ancient Rome who freed a slave without relinquishing all legal claim to him.
- One who possesses the right to grant an ecclesiastical benefice to a member of the clergy.
- A patron saint.
- The captain or master of a ship, especially a barge.
- adj - a regular customer [n -S] : PATRONAL, PATRONLY