Scrabble word: OIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does OIL exist?
Definitions of OIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- noun - oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
- noun - a dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
- noun - any of a group of liquid edible fats that are obtained from plants
- verb - cover with oil, as if by rubbing
- verb - administer an oil or ointment to
- Any of numerous mineral, vegetable, and synthetic substances and animal and vegetable fats that are generally slippery, combustible, viscous, liquid or liquefiable at room temperatures, soluble in various organic solvents such as ether but not in water, and used in a great variety of products, especially lubricants and fuels.
- A petroleum derivative, such as a machine oil or lubricant.
- A substance with an oily consistency.
- Oil paint.
- A painting done in oil paint.
- Insincere flattery.
- To bribe: an attorney who tried to oil the judge’s hand in order to obtain a directed verdict favorable to his client.
- To give a tip to: oiled the headwaiter’s palm.
- verb - to supply with oil (a greasy liquid used for lubrication, fuel, or illumination)