Scrabble word: BOIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does BOIL exist?
Definitions of BOIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a painful sore with a hard core filled with pus
- noun - the temperature at which a liquid boils at sea level
- verb - come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor
- verb - immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes
- verb - bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point
- verb - be agitated
- verb - be in an agitated emotional state
- To change from a liquid to a vapor by the application of heat: All the water boiled away and left the kettle dry.
- To reach the boiling point.
- To undergo the action of boiling, especially in being cooked.
- To be in a state of agitation; seethe: a river boiling over the rocks.
- To be stirred up or greatly excited: The mere idea made me boil.
- To vaporize (a liquid) by the application of heat.
- To heat to the boiling point.
- To cook or clean by boiling.
- To separate by evaporation in the process of boiling: boil the maple sap.
- The condition or act of boiling.
- A picnic featuring shrimp, crab, or crayfish boiled in large pots with spices, and then shelled and eaten by hand.
- An agitated, swirling, roiling mass of liquid: “Those tumbling boils show a dissolving bar and a changing channel there” (Mark Twain).
- To reduce in bulk or size by boiling.
- To condense; summarize: boiled down the complex document.
- To constitute the equivalent of in summary: The scathing editorial simply boils down to an exercise in partisan politics.
- To overflow while boiling.
- To boil is to cook in a liquid heated to a temperature at which it bubbles up and gives off vapor: boil potatoes.
- A painful, circumscribed pus-filled inflammation of the skin and subcutaneous tissue usually caused by a local staphylococcal infection.
- adj - to vaporize liquid [v -ED, -ING, -S] : BOILABLE