Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FOIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOIL exist?
Definitions of FOIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a piece of thin and flexible sheet metal
- noun - anything that serves by contrast to call attention to another thing's good qualities
- noun - a device consisting of a flat or curved piece (as a metal plate) so that its surface reacts to the water it is passing through
- noun - picture consisting of a positive photograph or drawing on a transparent base
- noun - a light slender flexible sword tipped by a button
- verb - enhance by contrast
- verb - hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- verb - cover or back with foil
- To prevent from being successful; thwart.
- To obscure or confuse (a trail or scent) so as to evade pursuers.
- A repulse; a setback.
- The trail or scent of an animal.
- A thin, flexible leaf or sheet of metal: aluminum foil.
- A thin layer of polished metal placed under a displayed gem to lend it brilliance.
- One that by contrast underscores or enhances the distinctive characteristics of another: “I am resolved my husband shall not be a rival, but a foil to me” (Charlotte Bront).
- The reflective metal coating on the back of a glass mirror.
- A curvilinear, often lobelike figure or space formed between the cusps of intersecting arcs, found especially in Gothic tracery and Moorish ornament.
- An airfoil.
- A hydrofoil.
- To cover or back with foil.
- To set off by contrast.
- A fencing sword having a usually circular guard and a thin, flexible four-sided blade with a button on the tip to prevent injury.
- Often foils.
- adj - to prevent the success of [v -ED, -ING, -S] : FOILABLE
There are 4 letters in FOIL: F I L O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FOIL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FOIL plus a wildcard: FOIL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FOIL
Images for FOIL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.