Scrabble word: COIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does COIL exist?
Definitions of COIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops
- noun - a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- noun - a transformer that supplies high voltage to spark plugs in a gasoline engine
- noun - a contraceptive device placed inside a woman's womb
- noun - tubing that is wound in a spiral
- noun - reactor consisting of a spiral of insulated wire that introduces inductance into a circuit
- verb - to wind or move in a spiral course
- verb - make without a potter's wheel
- verb - wind around something in coils or loops
- A series of connected spirals or concentric rings formed by gathering or winding: a coil of rope; long coils of hair.
- An individual spiral or ring within such a series.
- A spiral pipe or series of spiral pipes, as in a radiator.
- A wound spiral of two or more turns of insulated wire, used to introduce inductance into a circuit.
- Any of various devices of which such a spiral is the major component.
- A roll of postage stamps prepared for use in a vending machine.
- To wind in concentric rings or spirals.
- To wind into a shape resembling a coil.
- To form concentric rings or spirals.
- To move in a spiral course: black smoke coiling up into the sky.
- A disturbance; a fuss.
- verb - to wind in even rings