Scrabble word: POUNCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does POUNCE exist?
Definitions of POUNCE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of pouncing
- verb - move down on as if in an attack
- To spring or swoop with intent to seize someone or something: a cat that pounced on a mouse; watched the falcon pounce on the baby rabbit.
- To attack suddenly: irregular troops who pounced on the convoy at a narrow pass; a colleague who pounced on me because of a mistake in my report.
- To seize with or as if with talons.
- The act or an instance of pouncing.
- The talon or claw of a bird of prey.
- A fine powder formerly used to smooth and finish writing paper and soak up ink.
- A fine powder, such as pulverized charcoal, dusted over a stencil to transfer a design to an underlying surface.
- To sprinkle, smooth, or treat with pounce.
- To transfer (a stenciled design) with pounce.
- verb - to make a sudden assault or approach