Scrabble word: PATENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PATENT exist?
Definitions of PATENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
- noun - an official document granting a right or privilege
- verb - obtain a patent for
- verb - grant rights to
- verb - make open to sight or notice
- adj - (of a bodily tube or passageway) open
- adj - clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- A grant made by a government that confers upon the creator of an invention the sole right to make, use, and sell that invention for a set period of time.
- Letters patent.
- An invention protected by such a grant.
- A grant made by a government that confers on an individual feesimple title to public lands.
- The official document of such a grant.
- The land so granted.
- An exclusive right or title.
- Protected or conferred by a patent or letters patent: a patent right.
- Of, relating to, or dealing in patents: patent law.
- Not blocked; open.
- Spreading open; expanded.
- Of, relating to, or being a nonprescription drug or other medical preparation that is often protected by a trademark.
- Of high quality.
- Open to general inspection.
- To obtain a patent on or for (an invention, for example).
- To invent, originate, or be the proprietor of (an idea, for example).
- To grant a patent to or for.
- verb - to obtain a patent (a government grant protecting the rights of an inventor) on