Scrabble word: PATIENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PATIENT exist?
Definitions of PATIENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who requires medical care
- noun - the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
- adj - enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance
- Bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance with calmness.
- Marked by or exhibiting calm endurance of pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance.
- Tolerant; understanding: an unfailingly patient leader and guide.
- Persevering; constant: With patient industry, she revived the failing business and made it thrive.
- Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or a result; not hasty or impulsive.
- Capable of bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance: “My uncle Toby was a man patient of injuries” (Laurence Sterne).
- One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.
- One who suffers.
- adj - able to endure disagreeable circumstances without complaint
- noun - one who is under medical treatment