Scrabble word: PORE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PORE exist?
Definitions of PORE in dictionaries:
- noun - any tiny hole admitting passage of a liquid (fluid or gas)
- noun - any small opening in the skin or outer surface of an animal
- noun - a minute epidermal pore in a leaf or stem through which gases and water vapor can pass
- verb - direct one's attention on something
- To read or study carefully and attentively: pored over the classified ads in search of a new job.
- To gaze intently; stare.
- To meditate deeply; ponder: pored on the matter.
- A minute opening in tissue, as in the skin of an animal, serving as an outlet for perspiration, or in a plant leaf or stem, serving as a means of absorption and transpiration.
- A space in rock, soil, or unconsolidated sediment that is not occupied by mineral matter and that allows the passage or absorption of fluids: Water seeped into the pores of the rock.
- verb - to gaze intently