Scrabble word: ROPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROPE exist?
Definitions of ROPE in dictionaries:
- noun - a strong line
- noun - street names for flunitrazepan
- verb - catch with a lasso
- verb - fasten with a rope
- A flexible, heavy cord of tightly intertwined hemp or other fiber.
- A string of items attached in one line by or as if by twisting or braiding: a rope of onions.
- A sticky glutinous formation of stringy matter in a liquid.
- A cord with a noose at one end for hanging a person.
- Execution or death by hanging: to die by the rope.
- Several cords strung between poles to enclose a boxing or wrestling ring.
- To tie or fasten with or as if with rope.
- To enclose, separate, or partition with or as if with a rope: rope off the scene of the crime.
- To catch with a rope or lasso.
- To trick or deceive: An unscrupulous salesperson roped us into buying worthless property.
- Knocked against the ropes that enclose a boxing ring.
- On the verge of defeat or collapse; hopeless or powerless.
- adj - to bind with a rope (a thick line of twisted fibers) [v ROPED, ROPING, ROPES] : ROPABLE