Scrabble word: PROVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROVE exist?
Definitions of PROVE in dictionaries:
- verb - be shown or be found to be
- verb - establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- verb - provide evidence for
- verb - prove formally
- verb - put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- verb - increase in volume
- verb - cause to puff up with a leaven
- verb - take a trial impression of
- verb - obtain probate of
- To establish the truth or validity of by presentation of argument or evidence.
- To establish the authenticity of (a will).
- To determine the quality of by testing; try out.
- To demonstrate the validity of (a hypothesis or proposition).
- To verify (the result of a calculation).
- To make a sample impression of (type).
- To find out or learn (something) through experience.
- adv - to establish the truth or validity of [v PROVED, PROVEN, PROVING, PROVES] : PROVABLE [adj], PROVABLY