Is OVER valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of OVER in various dictionaries:
- noun - (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- adj - having come or been brought to a conclusion
- adv - at or to a point across intervening space etc.
- adv - throughout an area
- adv - throughout a period of time
- adv - beyond the top or upper surface or edge
- adv - over the entire area
- In or at a position above or higher than: a sign over the door; a hawk gliding over the hills.
- Above and across from one end or side to the other: a jump over the fence.
- To the other side of; across: strolled over the bridge.
- Across the edge of and down: fell over the cliff.
- On the other side of: a village over the border.
- Upon the surface of: put a coat of varnish over the woodwork.
- On top of or down upon: clubbed him over the head; tripped over the toys.
- Through the extent of; all through: walked over the grounds; looked over the report.
- Through the medium of; via: addressed us over the loudspeaker; can’t tell you over the phone.
- So as to cover: put rocks over a cave entrance; threw a shawl over her shoulders.
- Up to or higher than the level or height of: The water was over my shoulders.
- Through the period or duration of: records maintained over two years.
- Until or beyond the end of: stayed over the holidays.
- More than in degree, quantity, or extent: over ten miles; over a thousand dollars.
- In superiority to: won a narrow victory over her rival; a distinct advantage over our competitors.
- In preference to: selected him over all the others.
- In a position to rule or control: The director presides over the meeting.
- So as to have an effect or influence on: the change that came over you.
- While occupied with or engaged in: a chat over coffee.
- With reference to; concerning: an argument over methods.
- Above the top or surface: climbed the ladder and peered over.
- Across to another or opposite side: stopped at the curb, then crossed over.
- Across the edge, brink, or brim: The coffee spilled over.
- Across an intervening space: Throw the ball over.
- Across a distance in a particular direction or at a location: lives over in England.
- To another often specified place or position: Move your chair over toward the fire.
- To one’s place of residence or business: invited us over for cocktails.
- Throughout an entire area or region: wandered all over.
- To a different opinion or allegiance: win someone over.
- So as to be comprehensible, acceptable, or effective; across: eventually got my point over.
- To a different person, condition, or title: sign the property over.
- So as to be completely enclosed or covered: The river froze over.
- Completely through; from beginning to end: Think the problem over.
- From an upright position: kicked the bookstand over.
- From an upward position to an inverted or reversed position: turn the paper over.
- Another time; again: counted his cards over; had to do it over.
- In repetition: made me write it ten times over.
- In addition or excess; in surplus: lots of food left over.
- Beyond or until a specified time: stay a day over.
- At an end: Summer is over.
- Used in two-way radio to indicate that a transmission is complete and a reply is awaited.
- External; outer.
- Excessive; extreme.
- Not yet used up; remaining.
- A series of six balls bowled from one end of a cricket pitch.
- verb - to leap above and to the other side of
There are 4 letters in OVER: E O R V
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to OVER
To search all scrabble anagrams of OVER, to go: OVER?
Rearrange the letters in OVER and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of OVER
What's nearby OVER
Lookup in Wiki for OVER
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of OVER, do not miss the additional links under "More about: OVER"