Scrabble word: CULT
In which Scrabble dictionary does CULT exist?
Definitions of CULT in dictionaries:
- noun - followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices
- noun - an interest followed with exaggerated zeal
- noun - followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader
- noun - a religion or sect that is generally considered to be unorthodox, extremist, or false
- noun - a system of religious beliefs and rituals
- A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
- The followers of such a religion or sect.
- A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
- The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
- A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
- Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
- The object of such devotion.
- Often used to modify another noun: a cult figure; cult films.
- adj - a religious society [n -S] : CULTISH