Scrabble word: EPIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does EPIC exist?
Definitions of EPIC in dictionaries:
- noun - a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
- adj - very imposing or impressive
- adj - constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic
- An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero.
- A literary or dramatic composition that resembles an extended, narrative poem celebrating heroic feats.
- A series of events considered appropriate to an epic: the epic of the Old West.
- Of, constituting, having to do with, or suggestive of a literary epic: an epic poem.
- Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: “A vast musical panorama... it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice” (Tim Page).
- Heroic and impressive in quality: “Here in the courtroom... there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment” (Scott Turow).
- adv - a long narrative poem [n -S] : EPICAL [adj], EPICALLY