Scrabble word: PIECE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIECE exist?
Definitions of PIECE in dictionaries:
- noun - a separate part of a whole
- noun - an item that is an instance of some type
- noun - a portion of a natural object
- noun - a musical work that has been created
- noun - an instance of some kind
- noun - an artistic or literary composition
- noun - a portable gun
- noun - a serving that has been cut from a larger portion
- noun - a distance
- noun - a work of art of some artistic value
- noun - a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
- noun - a share of something
- noun - game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games
- verb - to join or unite the pieces of
- verb - create by putting components or members together
- verb - join during spinning
- verb - eat intermittently
- verb - repair by adding pieces
- A thing considered as a unit or an element of a larger thing, quantity, or class; a portion: a piece of string.
- A portion or part that has been separated from a whole: a piece of cake.
- An object that is one member of a group or class: a piece of furniture.
- An artistic, musical, or literary work or composition: “They are lively and well-plotted pieces, both in prose” (Tucker Brooke).
- An instance; a specimen: a piece of sheer folly.
- A declaration of one’s opinions or findings: speak one’s piece.
- A coin: a ten-cent piece.
- One of the counters or figures used in playing various board games.
- Any one of the chess figures other than a pawn.
- A firearm, especially a rifle.
- A given distance: “There was farm country down the road on the right a piece” (James Agee).
- A sexually attractive person.
- To mend by adding pieces or a piece to.
- A share of an activity or of profits: “a piece of the action in a Florida land deal” (Shana Alexander).
- verb - to join into a whole