Scrabble word: PETITION
In which Scrabble dictionary does PETITION exist?
Definitions of PETITION in dictionaries:
- noun - a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
- noun - reverent petition to a deity
- verb - write a petition for something to somebody
- A solemn supplication or request to a superior authority; an entreaty.
- A formal written document requesting a right or benefit from a person or group in authority.
- A formal written application requesting a court for a specific judicial action: a petition for appeal.
- The judicial action asked for in any such request.
- Something requested or entreated.
- To address a petition to.
- To make a request, especially formally: petitioned for retrial.
- verb - to make a formal request