Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: RULE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RULE exist?
Definitions of RULE in dictionaries:
- noun - a principle or condition that customarily governs behavior
- noun - something regarded as a normative example
- noun - prescribed guide for conduct or action
- noun - (linguistics) a rule describing (or prescribing) a linguistic practice
- noun - a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct
- noun - the duration of a monarch's or government's power
- noun - dominance or power through legal authority
- noun - directions that define the way a game or sport is to be conducted
- noun - any one of a systematic body of regulations defining the way of life of members of a religious order
- noun - a rule or law concerning a natural phenomenon or the function of a complex system
- noun - (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
- noun - measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- verb - exercise authority over
- verb - decide with authority
- verb - be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
- verb - decide on and make a declaration about
- verb - have an affinity with
- verb - mark or draw with a ruler
- verb - keep in check
- Governing power or its possession or use; authority.
- The duration of such power.
- An authoritative, prescribed direction for conduct, especially one of the regulations governing procedure in a legislative body or a regulation observed by the players in a game, sport, or contest.
- The body of regulations prescribed by the founder of a religious order for governing the conduct of its members.
- A usual, customary, or generalized course of action or behavior: “The rule of life in the defense bar ordinarily is to go along and get along” (Scott Turow).
- A generalized statement that describes what is true in most or all cases: In this office, hard work is the rule, not the exception.
- A standard method or procedure for solving a class of problems.
- A court order limited in application to a specific case.
- A subordinate regulation governing a particular matter.
- See ruler (n.
- A thin metal strip of various widths and designs, used to print borders or lines, as between columns.
- To exercise control, dominion, or direction over; govern.
- To dominate by powerful influence.
- To decide or declare authoritatively or judicially; decree.
- To mark with straight parallel lines.
- To mark (a straight line), as with a ruler.
- To be in total control or command; exercise supreme authority.
- To formulate and issue a decree or decision.
- To prevail at a particular level or rate: Prices ruled low.
- To prevent; preclude: The snowstorm ruled out their weekly meeting.
- To remove from consideration; exclude: The option of starting over has been ruled out.
- adj - to exercise control over [v RULED, RULING, RULES] : RULABLE
There are 4 letters in RULE: E L R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to RULE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word RULE plus a wildcard: RULE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word RULE
Images for RULE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.