Scrabble word: IRONIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does IRONIC exist?
Definitions of IRONIC in dictionaries:
- adj - humorously sarcastic or mocking
- adj - characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is
- Characterized by or constituting irony.
- Given to the use of irony.
- The words ironic, irony, and ironically are sometimes used of events and circumstances that might better be described as simply “coincidental” or “improbable,” in that they suggest no particular lessons about human vanity or folly.
- noun - the use of words to express the opposite of what is literally said