Scrabble word: OCTANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does OCTANT exist?
Definitions of OCTANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a measuring instrument for measuring angles to a celestial body
- One eighth of a circle.
- A 45 arc.
- The area enclosed by two radii at a 45 angle and the intersected arc.
- An instrument based on the principle of the sextant but employing only a 45 angle, used as an aid in navigation.
- The position of a celestial body when it is separated from another by a 45 angle.
- One of eight parts into which three-dimensional space is divided by three usually perpendicular coordinate planes.
- adj - an eighth of a circle [n -S] : OCTANTAL