Scrabble word: POLICE
In which Scrabble dictionary does POLICE exist?
Definitions of POLICE in dictionaries:
- noun - the force of policemen and officers
- verb - maintain the security of by carrying out a patrol
- The governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.
- A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and given the authority to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
- A body of persons having similar organization and function: campus police.
- Police officers considered as a group.
- Regulation and control of the affairs of a community, especially with respect to maintenance of order, law, health, morals, safety, and other matters affecting the public welfare.
- The cleaning of a military base or other military area: Police of the barracks must be completed before inspection can take place.
- Often used to modify another noun: police uniforms; the police department.
- To regulate, control, or keep in order with or as if with a law enforcement agency.
- To make (a military area, for example) neat in appearance: policed the barracks; policing up one’s room.
- verb - to make clean or orderly