Scrabble word: POLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does POLE exist?
Definitions of POLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a long (usually round) rod of wood or metal or plastic
- noun - a native or inhabitant of Poland
- noun - one of two divergent or mutually exclusive opinions
- noun - a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- noun - a square rod of land
- noun - one of two points of intersection of the Earth's axis and the celestial sphere
- noun - one of two antipodal points where the Earth's axis of rotation intersects the Earth's surface
- noun - a contact on an electrical device (such as a battery) at which electric current enters or leaves
- noun - a long fiberglass sports implement used for pole vaulting
- noun - one of the two ends of a magnet where the magnetism seems to be concentrated
- verb - propel with a pole
- verb - support on poles
- verb - deoxidize molten metals by stirring them with a wooden pole
- Either extremity of an axis through a sphere.
- Either of the regions contiguous to the extremities of the earth’s rotational axis, the North Pole or the South Pole.
- A magnetic pole.
- Either of two oppositely charged terminals, as in an electric cell or battery.
- A celestial pole.
- Either extremity of the main axis of a nucleus, a cell, or an organism.
- Either end of the spindle formed in a cell during mitosis.
- The point on a nerve cell where a process originates.
- Either of two antithetical ideas, propensities, forces, or positions: “the moral poles of modern medicine: on the one hand, a tinkering with procreation with at best ambiguous, at worst monstrous moral possibilities.
- A fixed point of reference.
- The origin in a polar coordinate system; the vertex of a polar angle.
- A long, relatively slender, generally rounded piece of wood or other material.
- The long, tapering wooden shaft extending up from the front axle of a vehicle to the collars of the animals drawing it; a tongue.
- A unit of area equal to a square rod.
- A small or light spar.
- The inside position on the starting line of a racetrack: qualified in the time trials to start on the pole.
- To propel with a pole: boatmen poling barges up a placid river.
- To propel (oneself) or make (one’s way) by the use of ski poles: “We ski through the glades on corn snow, then pole our way over a long one-hour runout to a road” (Frederick Selby).
- To support (plants) with a pole.
- To strike, poke, or stir with a pole.
- To propel a boat or raft with a pole.
- To use ski poles to maintain or gain speed.
- verb - to propel with a pole (a long, thin piece of wood or metal)
There are 4 letters in POLE: E L O P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to POLE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word POLE plus a wildcard: POLE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word POLE
Images for POLE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.