Scrabble word: OUTLINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OUTLINE exist?
Definitions of OUTLINE in dictionaries:
- noun - the line that appears to bound an object
- noun - a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
- noun - a schematic or preliminary plan
- verb - describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of
- verb - draw up an outline or sketch for something
- verb - trace the shape of
- A line marking the outer contours or boundaries of an object or a figure.
- The shape of an object or a figure.
- A style of drawing in which objects are delineated in contours without shading.
- A sketch done in this style.
- A general description covering the main points of a subject: an outline of American literature.
- A statement summarizing the important points of a text.
- A summary of a written work or speech, usually analyzed in headings and subheadings.
- A preliminary draft or plan, as of a project or proposal.
- To draw an outline of.
- To display or accentuate the outline of.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a line defining the boundary and shape of an object, a mass, or a figure”: the outline of the mountains against the sunset; saw the contour of the island from the airplane; the profile of a king on a coin; saw the dark silhouette of the family waving farewell.
- verb - to indicate the main features or different parts of