Scrabble word: NUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does NUT exist?
Definitions of NUT in dictionaries:
- noun - usually large hard-shelled seed
- noun - Egyptian goddess of the sky
- noun - a small (usually square or hexagonal) metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt
- noun - half the width of an em
- noun - a whimsically eccentric person
- noun - someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction
- noun - one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
- verb - gather nuts
- An indehiscent, hard-shelled, one-loculated, one-seeded fruit, such as an acorn or a hazelnut.
- A seed borne within a fruit having a hard shell, as in the peanut, almond, or walnut.
- The kernel of any of these.
- A crazy or eccentric person.
- An enthusiast; a buff: a movie nut.
- A difficult endeavor or problem: Painting the closet was a tough nut to crack.
- The human head.
- A ridge of wood at the top of the fingerboard or neck of a stringed instrument, over which the strings pass.
- A device at the lower end of the bow for a stringed instrument, used for tightening the hairs.
- A small block of metal or wood with a central, threaded hole that is designed to fit around and secure a bolt or screw.
- The cost of launching a business venture.
- The testicles.
- verb - to gather nuts (hard-shelled dry fruits)