Scrabble word: HUNT
In which Scrabble dictionary does HUNT exist?
Definitions of HUNT in dictionaries:
- noun - Englishman and Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910)
- noun - United States architect (1827-1895)
- noun - British writer who defended the Romanticism of Keats and Shelley (1784-1859)
- noun - an association of huntsmen who hunt for sport
- noun - an instance of searching for something
- noun - the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- noun - the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
- noun - the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
- verb - pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals)
- verb - pursue or chase relentlessly
- verb - chase away, with as with force
- verb - yaw back and forth about a flight path
- verb - oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent
- verb - seek, search for
- verb - search (an area) for prey
- To pursue (game) for food or sport.
- To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.
- To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.
- To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.
- To seek out; search for.
- To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.
- To pursue game.
- To make a search; seek.
- To yaw back and forth about a flight path, as if seeking a new direction or another angle of attack.
- To rotate up and down or back and forth without being deflected by the pilot.
- To oscillate about a selected value.
- To swing back and forth; oscillate.
- The act or sport of hunting: an enthusiast for the hunt.
- A hunting expedition or outing, usually with horses and hounds.
- Those taking part in such an expedition or outing.
- A diligent search or pursuit: on a hunt for cheap gas.
- adv - to pursue for food or sport [v -ED, -ING, -S] : HUNTABLE [adj], HUNTEDLY