Scrabble word: SHUNT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHUNT exist?
Definitions of SHUNT in dictionaries:
- noun - a passage by which a bodily fluid (especially blood) is diverted from one channel to another
- noun - a conductor having low resistance in parallel with another device to divert a fraction of the current
- noun - implant consisting of a tube made of plastic or rubber
- verb - transfer to another track, of trains
- verb - provide with or divert by means of an electrical shunt
- The act or process of turning aside or moving to an alternate course.
- A railroad switch.
- A low-resistance connection between two points in an electric circuit that forms an alternative path for a portion of the current.
- A passage between two natural body channels, such as blood vessels, especially one created surgically to divert or permit flow from one pathway or region to another; a bypass.
- To turn or move aside or onto another course: shunting traffic around an accident.
- To evade by putting aside or ignoring: urgent problems that society can no longer shunt aside.
- To switch (a train or car) from one track to another.
- To provide or divert (current) by means of a shunt.
- To move or turn aside.
- To become diverted by means of a shunt.
- verb - to turn aside