Scrabble word: SHUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHUT exist?
Definitions of SHUT in dictionaries:
- verb - move so that an opening or passage is obstructed
- verb - become closed
- verb - prevent from entering
- adj - not open
- adj - used especially of mouth or eyes
- To move (a door or lid, for example) so as to block passage through an opening.
- To block entrance to or exit from; close: shut a corridor.
- To fasten with a lock, catch, or latch.
- To confine in or as if in a closed space: shut them in a cage.
- To exclude from or as if from a closed space: shut the cats out of the house.
- To cause to stop operating: shut down a restaurant; a school that was shut for the vacation.
- To move or become moved so as to block passage; close: a door that shuts by itself.
- To stop operating, especially automatically: The electricity shuts off at midnight.
- The act or time of shutting.
- The line of connection between welded pieces of metal.
- To stop the flow or passage of; cut off: shut off the hot water by closing a valve.
- To prevent (an opponent) from scoring any runs or points.
- To cause (someone) to stop speaking; silence.
- To stop speaking.
- adj - situated within a short distance
- verb - to come near or nearer to
- adj - to block against entry or passage [v CLOSED, CLOSING, CLOSES] : CLOSABLE
There are 4 letters in SHUT: H S T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHUT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHUT plus a wildcard: SHUT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHUT
Images for SHUT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.