Scrabble word: SHUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHUT exist?
Definitions of SHUT in dictionaries:
- verb - move so that an opening or passage is obstructed
- verb - become closed
- verb - prevent from entering
- adj - not open
- adj - used especially of mouth or eyes
- To move (a door or lid, for example) so as to block passage through an opening.
- To block entrance to or exit from; close: shut a corridor.
- To fasten with a lock, catch, or latch.
- To confine in or as if in a closed space: shut them in a cage.
- To exclude from or as if from a closed space: shut the cats out of the house.
- To cause to stop operating: shut down a restaurant; a school that was shut for the vacation.
- To move or become moved so as to block passage; close: a door that shuts by itself.
- To stop operating, especially automatically: The electricity shuts off at midnight.
- The act or time of shutting.
- The line of connection between welded pieces of metal.
- To stop the flow or passage of; cut off: shut off the hot water by closing a valve.
- To prevent (an opponent) from scoring any runs or points.
- To cause (someone) to stop speaking; silence.
- To stop speaking.
- adj - situated within a short distance
- verb - to come near or nearer to
- adj - to block against entry or passage [v CLOSED, CLOSING, CLOSES] : CLOSABLE