Is SHUT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SHUT in various dictionaries:
- verb - move so that an opening or passage is obstructed
- verb - become closed
- verb - prevent from entering
- adj - not open
- adj - used especially of mouth or eyes
- To move (a door or lid, for example) so as to block passage through an opening.
- To block entrance to or exit from; close: shut a corridor.
- To fasten with a lock, catch, or latch.
- To confine in or as if in a closed space: shut them in a cage.
- To exclude from or as if from a closed space: shut the cats out of the house.
- To cause to stop operating: shut down a restaurant; a school that was shut for the vacation.
- To move or become moved so as to block passage; close: a door that shuts by itself.
- To stop operating, especially automatically: The electricity shuts off at midnight.
- The act or time of shutting.
- The line of connection between welded pieces of metal.
- To stop the flow or passage of; cut off: shut off the hot water by closing a valve.
- To prevent (an opponent) from scoring any runs or points.
- To cause (someone) to stop speaking; silence.
- To stop speaking.
- adj - situated within a short distance
- verb - to come near or nearer to
- adj - to block against entry or passage [v CLOSED, CLOSING, CLOSES] : CLOSABLE
There are 4 letters in SHUT: H S T U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SHUT
To search all scrabble anagrams of SHUT, to go: SHUT?
Rearrange the letters in SHUT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SHUT
What's nearby SHUT
Lookup in Wiki for SHUT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SHUT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SHUT"