Scrabble word: PILOT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PILOT exist?
Definitions of PILOT in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
- noun - a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
- noun - a program exemplifying a contemplated series
- noun - something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies
- noun - small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
- noun - an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
- verb - operate an airplane
- verb - act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
- One who operates or is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight.
- One who, though not belonging to a ship’s company, is licensed to conduct a ship into and out of port or through dangerous waters.
- The helmsman of a ship.
- One who guides or directs a course of action for others.
- The part of a tool, device, or machine that leads or guides the whole.
- A pilot light, as in a stove.
- A television program produced as a prototype of a series being considered for adoption by a network.
- To serve as the pilot of.
- To steer or control the course of.
- Serving as a tentative model for future experiment or development: a pilot project.
- English borrowed the word from French, and as pilot it has moved from the water to the air, first being recorded in 1848 with reference to an airborne pilot—a balloonist.
- verb - to control the course of