Scrabble word: OPIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OPIATE exist?
Definitions of OPIATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative
- Any of various sedative narcotics containing opium or one or more of its natural or synthetic derivatives.
- A drug, hormone, or other chemical substance having sedative or narcotic effects similar to those containing opium or its derivatives: a natural brain opiate.
- Something that dulls the senses and induces relaxation or torpor.
- Containing opium or any of its derivatives.
- Resembling opium or its derivatives in activity.
- Inducing sleep or sedation; soporific.
- Causing dullness or apathy; deadening.
- To subject to the action of an opiate.
- To dull or deaden as if with a narcotic drug.
- verb - to treat with opium