Scrabble word: CITATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does CITATION exist?
Definitions of CITATION in dictionaries:
- noun - an official award (as for bravery or service) usually given as formal public statement
- noun - (law) the act of citing (as of spoken words or written passages or legal precedents etc.)
- noun - a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- noun - a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
- noun - a summons that commands the appearance of a party at a proceeding
- noun - thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1948
- The act of citing.
- A quoting of an authoritative source for substantiation.
- A source so cited; a quotation.
- A reference to previous court decisions or authoritative writings.
- An official commendation for meritorious action, especially in military service: a citation for bravery.
- A formal statement of the accomplishments of one being honored with an academic degree.
- An official summons, especially one calling for appearance in court.
- verb - to quote as an authority or example