Scrabble word: TONIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does TONIC exist?
Definitions of TONIC in dictionaries:
- noun - lime- or lemon-flavored carbonated water containing quinine
- noun - a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
- noun - (music) the first note of a diatonic scale
- noun - a medicine that strengthens and invigorates
- adj - of or relating to or producing normal tone or tonus in muscles or tissue
- adj - employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words
- adj - used of syllables
- adj - relating to or being the keynote of a major or minor scale
- adj - imparting vitality and energy
- An agent, such as a medication, that restores or increases body tone.
- An invigorating, refreshing, or restorative agent or influence.
- Quinine water.
- The first note of a diatonic scale; the keynote.
- A tonic accent.
- Producing or stimulating physical, mental, or emotional vigor.
- Of, relating to, or producing tone or tonicity in muscles or tissue: a tonic reflex.
- Of or based on the keynote.
- Speakers in Boston and its environs have a term of their own: tonic.
- noun - something that invigorates or refreshes