Scrabble word: TRACTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRACTION exist?
Definitions of TRACTION in dictionaries:
- noun - the friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road)
- noun - (orthopedics) the act of pulling on a bone or limb (as in a fracture) to relieve pressure or align parts in a special way during healing
- The act of drawing or pulling, especially the drawing of a vehicle or load over a surface by motor power.
- The condition of being drawn or pulled.
- Pulling power, as of a draft animal or an engine.
- Adhesive friction, as of a wheel on a track or a tire on a road.
- A sustained pull applied mechanically especially to the arm, leg, or neck so as to correct fractured or dislocated bones, overcome muscle spasms, or relieve pressure.
- adj - the act of pulling or drawing over a surface [n -S] : TRACTIVE