Scrabble word: PURITAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does PURITAN exist?
Definitions of PURITAN in dictionaries:
- noun - a member of a group of English Protestants who in the 16th and 17th centuries thought that the Protestant Reformation under Elizabeth was incomplete and advocated the simplification and regulation of forms of worship
- noun - someone who adheres to strict religious principles
- noun - a person excessively concerned about propriety and decorum
- A member of a group of English Protestants who in the 16th and 17th centuries advocated strict religious discipline along with simplification of the ceremonies and creeds of the Church of England.
- Of or relating to the Puritans or Puritanism.
- noun - a rigorously moral or religious person