Scrabble word: AREOLA
In which Scrabble dictionary does AREOLA exist?
Definitions of AREOLA in dictionaries:
- noun - small space in a tissue or body part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing
- noun - small circular area such as that around the human nipple or an inflamed area around a pimple or insect bite
- A small space or interstice in a tissue or part, such as the area bounded by small veins in a leaf or the wing of an insect.
- A small, specialized, cushionlike area on a cactus from which hairs, glochids, spines, branches, or flowers may arise.
- A small ring of color around a center portion, as about the nipple of the breast or the part of the iris surrounding the pupil of the eye.
- adj - a small space in a network of leaf veins [n -LAE or -LAS] : AREOLAR, AREOLATE