Scrabble word: RECOIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECOIL exist?
Definitions of RECOIL in dictionaries:
- noun - the backward jerk of a gun when it is fired
- noun - a movement back from an impact
- verb - draw back, as with fear or pain
- verb - come back to the originator of an action with an undesired effect
- verb - spring back
- verb - spring back, as from a forceful thrust
- To spring back, as upon firing.
- To shrink back, as in fear or repugnance.
- To fall back; return: “Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent” (Arthur Conan Doyle).
- The backward action of a firearm upon firing.
- These verbs all mean to draw back involuntarily, as through fright, timidity, or abhorrence.
- verb - to draw back in fear or disgust