Scrabble word: ANTISTROPHE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ANTISTROPHE exist?
Definitions of ANTISTROPHE in dictionaries:
- noun - the section of a choral ode answering a previous strophe in classical Greek drama
- The second stanza, and those like it, in a poem consisting of alternating stanzas in contrasting metric form.
- The second division of the triad of a Pindaric ode, having the same stanza form as the strophe.
- The choral movement in classical Greek drama following and in the same meter as the strophe, sung while the chorus moves in the opposite direction from that of the strophe.
- The part of a choral ode sung while this movement is executed.