Scrabble word: TRANSIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRANSIT exist?
Definitions of TRANSIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a surveying instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, consisting of a small telescope mounted on a tripod
- noun - a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
- noun - a journey usually by ship
- verb - make a passage or journey from one place to another
- verb - pass across (a sign or house of the zodiac) or pass across (the disk of a celestial body or the meridian of a place)
- verb - revolve (the telescope of a surveying transit) about its horizontal transverse axis in order to reverse its direction
- verb - cause or enable to pass through
- The act of passing over, across, or through; passage.
- Conveyance of people or goods from one place to another, especially on a local public transportation system.
- A transition or change, as to a spiritual existence at death.
- The passage of a celestial body across the observer’s meridian.
- The passage of a smaller celestial body or its shadow across the disk of a larger celestial body.
- A surveying instrument similar to a theodolite that measures horizontal and vertical angles.
- To pass over, across, or through: aircraft transiting the United States and Canada.
- To make a transit.
- verb - to pass across or through