Scrabble word: START
In which Scrabble dictionary does START exist?
Definitions of START in dictionaries:
- noun - the beginning of anything
- noun - the time at which something is supposed to begin
- noun - a turn to be a starter (in a game at the beginning)
- noun - a sudden involuntary movement
- noun - the act of starting something
- noun - a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
- noun - a signal to begin (as in a race)
- noun - the advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race)
- verb - take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- verb - set in motion, cause to start
- verb - leave
- verb - have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- verb - bring into being
- verb - get off the ground
- verb - move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm
- verb - get going or set in motion
- verb - begin or set in motion
- verb - begin work or acting in a certain capacity, office or job
- verb - play in the starting lineup
- verb - have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- verb - begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- verb - bulge outward
- To begin an activity or a movement; set out.
- To have a beginning; commence.
- To move suddenly or involuntarily: started at the loud noise.
- To come quickly into view, life, or activity; spring forth.
- To be in the initial lineup of a game or race.
- To protrude or bulge.
- To become loosened or disengaged.
- To commence; begin.
- To set into motion, operation, or activity.
- To introduce; originate.
- To play in the initial lineup of (a game).
- To put (a player) into the initial lineup of a game.
- To enter (a participant) into a race or game.
- To found; establish: start a business.
- To tend in an early stage of development: start seedlings.
- To rouse (game) from its hiding place or lair; flush.
- To cause to become displaced or loosened.
- A beginning; a commencement.
- The beginning of a new construction project: a large number of new housing starts this year.
- A place or time of beginning.
- A starting line for a race.
- A signal to begin a race.
- An instance of beginning a game or race: a pitcher who won his first five starts.
- A startled reaction or movement.
- A part that has become dislocated or loosened.
- A position of advantage over others, as in a race or an endeavor; a lead.
- To cause trouble.
- At the beginning; initially.
- In any case.
- verb - to set out
There are 5 letters in START: A R S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to START
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word START plus a wildcard: START?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word START
Images for START
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.