Scrabble word: STAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAIN exist?
Definitions of STAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - a soiled or discolored appearance
- noun - (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- noun - the state of being covered with unclean things
- noun - a symbol of disgrace or infamy
- noun - an act that brings discredit to the person who does it
- verb - color with a liquid dye or tint
- verb - produce or leave stains
- verb - make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air
- verb - color for microscopic study
- To discolor, soil, or spot.
- To bring into disrepute; taint or tarnish.
- To color (glass, for example) with a coat of penetrating liquid dye or tint.
- To produce or receive discolorations.
- A discolored or soiled spot or smudge.
- A blemish on one’s moral character or reputation.
- A liquid substance applied especially to wood that penetrates the surface and imparts a rich color.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a mark of discredit or disgrace, as on one’s good name”: a stain on his honor; the blot of treason; the brand of cowardice; the stigma of ignominious defeat; the taint of vice.
- verb - to discolor or dirty