Scrabble word: STAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAIN exist?
Definitions of STAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - a soiled or discolored appearance
- noun - (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- noun - the state of being covered with unclean things
- noun - a symbol of disgrace or infamy
- noun - an act that brings discredit to the person who does it
- verb - color with a liquid dye or tint
- verb - produce or leave stains
- verb - make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air
- verb - color for microscopic study
- To discolor, soil, or spot.
- To bring into disrepute; taint or tarnish.
- To color (glass, for example) with a coat of penetrating liquid dye or tint.
- To produce or receive discolorations.
- A discolored or soiled spot or smudge.
- A blemish on one’s moral character or reputation.
- A liquid substance applied especially to wood that penetrates the surface and imparts a rich color.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a mark of discredit or disgrace, as on one’s good name”: a stain on his honor; the blot of treason; the brand of cowardice; the stigma of ignominious defeat; the taint of vice.
- verb - to discolor or dirty
There are 5 letters in STAIN: A I N S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STAIN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STAIN plus a wildcard: STAIN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STAIN
Images for STAIN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.