Scrabble word: SHOE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHOE exist?
Definitions of SHOE in dictionaries:
- noun - footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
- noun - (card games) a case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time
- noun - U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- noun - a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- verb - furnish with shoes
- A durable covering for the human foot, made of leather or similar material with a rigid sole and heel, usually extending no higher than the ankle.
- A horseshoe.
- A strip of metal fitted onto the bottom of a sled runner.
- The base for the supports of the superstructure of a bridge.
- The ferrule on the end of a cane.
- The casing of a pneumatic tire.
- A device that retards or stops the motion of an object, as the part of a brake that presses against the wheel or drum.
- The sliding contact plate on an electric train or streetcar that conducts electricity from the third rail.
- A chute, as for conveying grain from a hopper.
- A case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time.
- Position; status: You would understand my decision if you put yourself in my shoes.
- Often used to modify another noun: shoe polish; a shoe shop.
- To furnish or fit with a shoe or shoes.
- The circumstances have been reversed; an unequal relationship has been inverted.
- noun - a covering for the foot
- verb - to provide with shoes