Scrabble word: HOUSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOUSE exist?
Definitions of HOUSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families
- noun - the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
- noun - the members of a religious community living together
- noun - the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema
- noun - an official assembly having legislative powers
- noun - aristocratic family line
- noun - play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults
- noun - (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
- noun - the management of a gambling house or casino
- noun - a social unit living together
- noun - a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
- noun - a building in which something is sheltered or located
- verb - contain or cover
- verb - provide housing for
- A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family.
- A household or family.
- Something, such as a burrow or shell, that serves as a shelter or habitation for a wild animal.
- A dwelling for a group of people, such as students or members of a religious community, who live together as a unit: a sorority house.
- A building that functions as the primary shelter or location of something: a carriage house; the lion house at the zoo.
- A facility, such as a theater or restaurant, that provides entertainment or food for the public: a movie house; the specialty of the house.
- The audience or patrons of such an establishment: a full house.
- A commercial firm: a brokerage house.
- A publishing company: a house that specializes in cookbooks.
- A gambling casino.
- A house of prostitution.
- A residential college within a university.
- Often House.
- The hall or chamber in which such an assembly meets.
- A quorum of such an assembly.
- Often House.
- One of the 12 parts into which the heavens are divided in astrology.
- Often used to modify another noun: the house wine; house paint.
- To provide living quarters for; lodge: The cottage housed ten students.
- To shelter, keep, or store in or as if in a house: a library housing rare books.
- To contain; harbor.
- To fit into a socket or mortise.
- To secure or stow safely.
- To reside; dwell.
- In an extremely speedy manner: ran away like a house on fire; tickets that sold like a house afire.
- verb - to lodge in a house (a building in which people live)
There are 5 letters in HOUSE: E H O S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HOUSE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HOUSE plus a wildcard: HOUSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HOUSE
Images for HOUSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.