Scrabble word: STATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STATE exist?
Definitions of STATE in dictionaries:
- noun - the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- noun - the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- noun - the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state
- noun - a politically organized body of people under a single government
- noun - (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container)
- noun - a state of depression or agitation
- noun - the territory occupied by a nation
- noun - the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies
- verb - express in words
- verb - put before
- verb - indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
- A condition or mode of being, as with regard to circumstances: a state of confusion.
- A condition of being in a stage or form, as of structure, growth, or development: the fetal state.
- A mental or emotional condition: in a manic state.
- A condition of excitement or distress.
- The condition of a physical system with regard to phase, form, composition, or structure: Ice is the solid state of water.
- Social position or rank.
- Ceremony; pomp: foreign leaders dining in state at the White House.
- The supreme public power within a sovereign political entity.
- The sphere of supreme civil power within a given polity: matters of state.
- A specific mode of government: the socialist state.
- A body politic, especially one constituting a nation: the states of Eastern Europe.
- One of the more or less internally autonomous territorial and political units composing a federation under a sovereign government: the 48 contiguous states of the Union.
- Of or relating to a body politic or to an internally autonomous territorial or political unit constituting a federation under one government: a monarch dealing with state matters; the department that handles state security.
- These nouns denote the mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing.
- verb - to set forth in words
There are 5 letters in STATE: A E S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STATE plus a wildcard: STATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STATE
Images for STATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.