Scrabble word: STATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STATE exist?
Definitions of STATE in dictionaries:
- noun - the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- noun - the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- noun - the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state
- noun - a politically organized body of people under a single government
- noun - (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container)
- noun - a state of depression or agitation
- noun - the territory occupied by a nation
- noun - the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies
- verb - express in words
- verb - put before
- verb - indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
- A condition or mode of being, as with regard to circumstances: a state of confusion.
- A condition of being in a stage or form, as of structure, growth, or development: the fetal state.
- A mental or emotional condition: in a manic state.
- A condition of excitement or distress.
- The condition of a physical system with regard to phase, form, composition, or structure: Ice is the solid state of water.
- Social position or rank.
- Ceremony; pomp: foreign leaders dining in state at the White House.
- The supreme public power within a sovereign political entity.
- The sphere of supreme civil power within a given polity: matters of state.
- A specific mode of government: the socialist state.
- A body politic, especially one constituting a nation: the states of Eastern Europe.
- One of the more or less internally autonomous territorial and political units composing a federation under a sovereign government: the 48 contiguous states of the Union.
- Of or relating to a body politic or to an internally autonomous territorial or political unit constituting a federation under one government: a monarch dealing with state matters; the department that handles state security.
- These nouns denote the mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing.
- verb - to set forth in words